OMG ADOPTS STANDARDS FOR ROBOTICS AND FINANCIAL SERVICES AT LONG BEACH, CALIFORNIA MEETING
Will explore how to leverage MBSE to support the modernization, integration, and innovation of healthcare solutions Issues numerous Requests for Proposals and Comments
Needham, MA - 01-26-15 - The Object Management Group® (OMG®) held its quarterly technical meeting at the Hyatt Regency in Long Beach, California from Dec 8-12. For a more in-depth description of particular Task Force meetings, click here to read a report written by Claude Baudoin, cébé IT & Knowledge Management.
The OMG Board of Directors voted to adopt two new standards:
- Finite State Machine Component for Robotic Technology Components - Provides definitions by extending the OMG Robotic Technology Components specification.
- FIBO Indices and Indicators - A model of finance industry concepts in the subject area of market indices, interest rates, currency exchange rates and economic indicators.
To view these and other OMG specifications, visit www.omg.org/spec/index.htm.
TECHNOLOGY ADOPTION PROCESSES UNDERWAY
OMG Technical Committees also voted to issue numerous Requests for Proposals (RFP) and Requests for Comments (RFC). These include:
- UML Profile for ArchiMate RFP
- CISQ Source Code Reliability Measure RFC
- CISQ Source Code Performance Efficiency Measure RFC
- CISQ Source Code Maintainability Measure RFC
To learn more about these and other technology adoption processes underway, visit www.omg.org/public_schedule.
NEXT TECHNICAL MEETING
OMG members will next meet in Reston, Virginia on March 23-27. The meeting will take place at the Hyatt Regency. Learn more at www.omg.org/reston.
The Object Management Group® (OMG®) is an international, open membership, not-for-profit technology standards consortium. OMG Task Forces develop enterprise integration standards for a wide range of technologies and an even wider range of industries. OMG's modeling standards enable powerful visual design, execution and maintenance of software and other processes. Visit www.omg.org for more information.
Note to editors: For a listing of all OMG trademarks, visit http://www.omg.org/legal/tm_list.htm. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.