Object Management Group
Dave McComb, President, Semantic Arts, to Deliver FIBO Keynote at OMG Finance Information Day
Needham, MA, March 9, 2015 - The Object Management Group® (OMG®) today announced that Dave McComb, President, Semantics Arts, will present the keynote address at the OMG in Finance Information Day on March 25 in Reston, Virginia. His topic, "FIBO as an Agile Enterprise Ontology," will focus how the use of semantics, with an OMG style, model-driven, disciplined methodology, is increasingly critical to providing broader, more effective solutions to bear on complex business problems in financial services.
McComb will join the following roster of experts who will give detailed presentations and preside over thought-provoking panel discussions emphasizing the importance of the FIBO standard and semantics across corporate and regulatory landscapes:
- "Welcome and Introductions": Dr. Richard Soley, Chairman & CEO, Object Management Group; Dennis Wisnosky, Founder, Wizdom Systems, Inc.
- Keynote Presentation - "FIBO as an Agile Enterprise Ontology": Dave McComb, President, Semantic Arts
- "FIBO EcoSystem": Dennis Wisnosky, Founder, Wizdom Systems, Inc.; Dean Allemang, CEO and Principal, Working Ontologist, LLC
- "Lessons Learned from a Failed BI Initiative: Why FIBO Matters for Risk Data Aggregation and Data Governance in Capital Market": Elisa Kendall, Partner, Thematix Partners LLC; Fabien Bonaure and Shaun Rolls, Global Analysis & Planning, Nordea Capital Markets Financial & Risk Control, Nordea Bank, AB
- "Model Based Ontology Building and Management - a FIBO Use Case": Kent Laursen, CTO, No Magic, Inc.
- "Developing the FIBO Domain for Securities and Equities": Richard Beatch, Content Architect, Bloomberg LP
- "Developing the FIBO Domain for Loans": Lynn Calahan, Vice President, Financial Reform-Data Strategies, Wells Fargo
- "Using FIBO for Smart Data Integration": Marty Loughlin, President, Financial Services, Cambridge Semantics
- Panel Discussion: Randall Coleman, Wizdom Systems, Inc.
The registration fee for this event is $199 US. All interested parties are invited to attend. To view the full agenda and register, visit the website.
The OMG in Finance Information Day is co-located with the Object Management Group Technical Meeting, which runs from March 23-27 in Reston, Virginia.
Dave McComb is President of Semantic Arts, a consulting firm specializing in helping large organizations incorporate semantic technology in their enterprise architectures. In the last 14 years, Semantic Arts has built over 20 Enterprise Ontologies and helped as many firms on the road to more elegant information systems. Dave is the author of Semantics in Business Systems and co-founder of the Semantic Technology Conference.
The Object Management Group® (OMG®) is an international, open membership, not-for-profit technology standards consortium. OMG Task Forces develop enterprise integration standards for a wide range of technologies and an even wider range of industries. OMG's modeling standards enable powerful visual design, execution and maintenance of software and other processes. Visit www.omg.org for more information.
Note to editors: For a listing of all OMG trademarks, visit http://www.omg.org/legal/tm_list.htm. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.