Object Management Group
OMG Adopts Four New Standards at Reston, Virginia Meeting
Largest Gathering To Date Drew 1,000 Attendees
Needham, MA - April 9, 2015 - The Object Management Group® (OMG®) held its quarterly technical meeting at the Hyatt Regency Hotel in Reston, Virginia, USA from March 23-27. The OMG Board of Directors voted to adopt four new standards:
- Dependability Assurance Framework For Safety-Sensitive Consumer Devices specification - Standardizes the format of information used in the assurance of safety-sensitive consumer devices, such as automobiles and service robots.
- RPC over DDS specification - Defines a Remote Procedure Calls framework using the basic building blocks of DDS to provide request/reply semantics.
- UML Profile for GRA (GRA-UML) specification - Models the business and technological requirements of a GRA Service Specification Package using UML for state and local justice agencies to use for interoperability and information exchange.
- Automated CWE/SANS Top 25 Security specification - Provides a list of the 25 most widespread and frequently exploited security weaknesses in software.
To view these and other OMG specifications, visit this link.
TECHNOLOGY ADOPTION PROCESSES UNDERWAY
OMG Technical Committees also began voting on the adoption of numerous proposed OMG specifications. These include:
- CISQ Source Code Reliability Measure submission
- CISQ Source Code Performance Efficiency Measure submission
- CISQ Source Code Maintainability Measure submission
- UML Profile for NIEM 3 submission
RFCs AND RFPs ISSUED
New Requests for Comments and Requests for Proposals were issued during the meeting week. These include:
- TACSIT Data Exchange RFP
- Coordination of Care Service (CCS) RFP
- IDL 4.0 RFC
- Precise Semantics of UML State Machine RFP
OMG Technical Committees began voting on proposed revisions of numerous OMG specifications. These include:
- Structured Assurance Case Metamodel (SACM) 1.1
- MOF 2.5
- Decision Model and Notation (DMN) 1.0
- Business Motivation Model (BMM) 1.3
- SBVR 1.3
- FIBO Foundations 1.0
To learn more about these and other technology adoption processes underway, visit this link.
During the week, OMG held informational events for the public:
- Business Architecture Innovation Summit (co-sponsored by the Business Architecture Guild and OMG Business Architecture Special Interest Group (BASIG))
- Cloud Standards Customer Council (CSCC) Cloud Privacy Summit
- Consortium for IT Software Quality (CISQ) Seminar
- Finance Information Day
- Intro to OMG's Modeling & Middleware Specifications Tutorial
- Model-Driven Healthcare Summit (sponsored by IBM)
- Threat & Risk Information Exchange Day (co-sponsored by Model Driven Solutions and KDM Analytics)
- UAF & MBSE Information Day (sponsored by IBM)
- Unified Profile for DoDAF and MODAF (UPDM) Workshop
- Workshop on Information Sharing & Safeguarding Standards (WIS3) (sponsored by the IJIS Institute and the Standards Coordinating Council (SCC))
Presentations from all events can be found on the separate events' agendas here.
NEXT TECHNICAL MEETING
OMG members will next meet in Berlin, Germany from June,
12-16. The meeting will take place at the Radisson Blu
Hotel. Learn more here.
To learn more about OMG, visit us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter or connect with us on LinkedIn.
The Object Management Group® (OMG®) is an international, open membership, not-for-profit technology standards consortium. OMG Task Forces develop enterprise integration standards for a wide range of technologies and an even wider range of industries. OMG's modeling standards enable powerful visual design, execution and maintenance of software and other processes. Visit www.omg.org for more information.
Note to editors: For a listing of all OMG trademarks, visit http://www.omg.org/legal/tm_list.htm. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.