Object Management Group
OMG Announces Agenda and Speakers for
September Technical Meeting in Cambridge, MA
Needham, MA, September 1, 2015 - The Object Management Group® (OMG®), an international, open membership, not-for-profit technology standards consortium, today announced the final agenda and roster of marquee speakers for its special events program. The program is scheduled to take place during the upcoming quarterly Technical Meeting from September 21-25, 2015 at the Hyatt Regency Hotel in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Registration is open to the public.
"The agenda emphasizes IT issues that are capturing mainstream media headlines as well as issues disrupting traditional methods of cloud computing," said Dr. Richard Soley, Chairman and CEO of OMG. "We have also gathered experts who will share their in-depth knowledge and experiences developing IIoT standards, applications and testbeds."
The agenda includes the following events:
- Cloud Standards Customer Council (CSCC) Hybrid Cloud Summit
- Industrial Internet Consortium (IIC) Forum (complimentary)
- Introduction to OMG's Modeling & Middleware Specification Tutorial
- OMG Standards at Work in the Industrial Internet of Things (complimentary)
- Standards Coordinating Council Monthly Meeting
Speakers and panelists presenting are:
- Claude Baudoin, Owner, cébé IT & Knowledge Management
- Dr. Marco Brambilla, Scientific Advisor, Web Ratio
- Dr. Ben Calloni, Lockheed Martin Fellow, Lockheed Martin
- Dr. Bill Curtis, Executive Director, Consortium for IT Software Quality
- Matthew Hause, GTM Technical Specialist, Engineering Fellow, PTC
- Judith Hurwitz, President and CEO, Hurwitz & Associates
- Rajesh Jaluka, IBM Distinguished Engineer, Hybrid Cloud Architecture
- Steve Jennis, Sr. Vice President, Corporate Development, PrismTech
- David Linthicum, SVP, Cloud Technology Partners
- Pamela Wise-Martinez, Chief Cloud and Enterprise Data Architect, Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation
- Daniel Reich, Cloud Security Business Development, EMC
- Bruce Richardson, Chief Enterprise Strategist, Salesforce
- David Saul, Senior Vice President and Chief Scientist, State Street Corporation
- Dr. Stan Schneider, CEO, Real-Time Innovations, Inc.
- Dr. John Siegel, OMG Vice President, Technology Transfer
- Dr. Richard Soley, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, OMG; Executive Director, Industrial Internet Consortium
- Said Tabet, Senior Technologist, EMC; Member, Cloud Security Alliance
- Andrew Watson, Vice President and Technical Director, OMG
Summaries of Special Events
Beginning Monday, September 21st, Dr. Jon Siegel, OMG Vice President, Technology Transfer, will present his tutorial on OMG modeling and middleware standards, which has been a fixture on the agenda for many years.
For those interested in learning about the challenges and real-world applications of the Industrial Internet, the Industrial Internet Consortium will host a complimentary forum on Wednesday, September 23 from 9am-12pm. Following the forum later that day is the complimentary OMG Standards at Work in the Industrial Internet of Things event. OMG members will share case studies of OMG standards at work in the IIoT, and present their vision of the future within this rapidly growing field.
On Thursday, September 24th, the Cloud Standards Customer Council will host the Hybrid Cloud Summit. The Summit will focus on the challenges, requirements, and best practices for deploying a hybrid cloud environment with special emphasis on security, integration, and interoperability requirements. On the same day, the Standards Coordinating Council (SCC) will hold its monthly meeting. The Council is an advisory working group to the White House's Information Sharing and Access Interagency Policy Committee (ISA IPC). The SCC provides advice and counsel on matters related to information sharing and safeguarding standards and other related issues in responsible information sharing. For attendees who want to observe at no cost, please contact Martha Hill, Standards Coordinating Council Secretariat at Martha.firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Register
The special events are co-located with OMG Technical Meeting which is sponsored by: No Magic, RTI and Sparx Systems. Registration fee for this entire week is $950 US. Special events are included with meeting registration. However, if you are only attending a special event, daily fees are available.
To view the full agenda and register, please visit http://www.omg.org/news/meetings/tc/ma-15/info.htm. Walk-in registration is also available.
Follow the Twitter hashtag #OMGCambridge to stay on top of the week's lively discussions. To learn about becoming an OMG member click on http://www.omg.org or visit us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter or connect with us on LinkedIn.
The Object Management Group® (OMG®) is an international, open membership, not-for-profit technology standards consortium. OMG Task Forces develop enterprise integration standards for a wide range of technologies and an even wider range of industries. OMG's modeling standards enable powerful visual design, execution and maintenance of software and other processes. Visit www.omg.org for more information.
Note to editors: For a listing of all OMG trademarks, visit http://www.omg.org/legal/tm_list.htm. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.