Object Management Group BOD Adopts
Five Standards and Two Submissions
at Cambridge, Massachusetts Meeting
OMG Also Appoints Two New Members and Re-elects Six
Members to BOD
Needham, MA, October 5, 2015 - The Object
Management Group® (OMG®) held its quarterly Technical
Meeting at the Hyatt Regency Hotel in Cambridge,
Massachusetts, USA, from September 21-25th. The OMG Board of
Directors voted to adopt two new submissions and five
- Archetype Modeling Language (AML) submission -
Establishes a UML® profile that enables the
specification of the Clinical Information Modeling
Initiative reference model, and CIMI clinical models
that are defined as a set of constraints on this
- Interface Definition Language (IDL) 4.0 submission -
Describes a software component's interface in a
language-independent way, enabling communication between
software components that do not share a language.
- CISQ Source Code Reliability Measure 1.0 - Establishes
a standard measure of reliability based on detecting
violations of good architectural and coding practices
that could result in unreliable operation such as
outages, data corruption, and lengthy recovery from
- CISQ Source Code Performance Efficiency Measure 1.0 -
Establishes a standard measure of performance efficiency
based on detecting violations of good architectural and
- CISQ Source Code Maintainability Measure 1.0 -
Establishes a standard measure of maintainability based
on detecting violations of good architectural and coding
- Essence 1.1 - Defines a kernel and a language for the
creation, use, and improvement of software engineering.
The Essence Kernel provides the common ground to, among
other things, help practitioners compare methods and
make better decisions about their practices. The Essence
language is a domain-specific language for practices and
- Financial Instrument Global Identifier™ 1.0 -
Establishes a structured twelve character string
intended to remain attached to a given financial
instrument throughout the life of that instrument in
addition to serving as a historical reference for
retired/obsolete financial instruments.
All OMG specifications are available for free download on
the OMG website. To view these and other OMG specifications,
TECHNOLOGY ADOPTION PROCESS UNDERWAY
OMG Technical Committees also voted to issue a Request for
Proposal for OPC-UA/DDS Gateway.
To learn more about this and other technology adoption
processes underway, visit www.omg.org/public_schedule.
The Object Management Group also elected new
representatives, James D. Baker, Ambassador, Sparx Systems
Pty Ltd. and Elisa Kendall, Partner, Thematix Partners LLC,
to its Board of Directors. In addition, six OMG
representatives who have held Board seats were re-elected to
the Board of Directors:
- Djenana Campara, CEO, KDM Analytics
- Ben Calloni, Lockheed Martin Fellow, Lockheed Martin
- Cory Casanave, President and CEO, Model Driven
- Larry Johnson, Principal, TethersEnd Consulting
- Anish Karmarkar, Senior Architect, Oracle
- Ron Zahavi, Sr. Enterprise Strategist, CTO, Business
for a complete list of companies and organizations that sit
on the OMG Board of Directors.
During the week, OMG held informational events for the
- Cloud Standards Customer Council (CSCC) Hybrid Cloud
- Industrial Internet Consortium (IIC) Forum
- Introduction to OMG's Modeling & Middleware
- OMG Standards at Work in the Industrial Internet of
- Standards Coordinating Council Monthly Meeting
Presentations from all events can be found on the
separate events' agendas here.
NEXT TECHNICAL MEETING
OMG members will next meet in La Jolla, California, USA,
from December 7-11, 2015. The meeting will take place at the
Hyatt Regency Hotel. Learn more here.
To learn more about OMG, visit us on Facebook,
follow us on Twitter
or connect with us on LinkedIn.
The Object Management Group® (OMG®) is an international,
open membership, not-for-profit technology standards
consortium. OMG Task Forces develop enterprise integration
standards for a wide range of technologies and an even wider
range of industries. OMG's modeling standards enable
powerful visual design, execution and maintenance of
software and other processes. Visit http://www.omg.org
for more information.
Note to editors: For a listing of all OMG
trademarks, visit http://www.omg.org/legal/tm_list.htm.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective