Object Management Group
Object Management Group to Host Public Events During Technical Committee Meeting Week in Chicago
Needham, MA - August 09, 2016 - The Object Management Group® (OMG®), an international, open membership, not-for-profit technology standards consortium, today announced that the public is invited to attend Special Events during its TC meeting week which will take place from September 12-16, 2016 at the Loews O'Hare Hotel in Rosemont, Illinois, USA.
The Special Events will center on OMG's modeling standards, Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT), cybersecurity and business architecture:
to OMG's Modeling and Middleware Specifications Tutorial
(Monday, September 12th)
Overview: Attendees will learn the basics of OMG's modeling specifications such as Unified Modeling Language™, CORBA® middleware, as well as OMG standards work in vertical domains.
Architecture Insurance Industry Reference Model Workshop
(Tuesday, September 13th through Wednesday, September 14th)
Overview: Attendees will gain key insights and hands-on experience as well as access to the reference model deliverables resulting from these working sessions.
Registration: $445 USD
(Wednesday, September 14th)
Overview: Attendees will learn how organizations understand, assess and manage cyber risk by applying standards-based methods and solutions.
Registration: $149 USD
Challenges and Opportunities
(Thursday, September 15th)
Overview: Attendees will learn how OMG standards contribute to improving productivity, saving costs and streamlining Industrial Internet processes.
Industry and technical experts speaking at these Special Events are:
- Mike Abramson, President, Advanced Systems Management Group
- Claude Baudoin, Owner and Principal Consultant, cébé IT & Knowledge Management
- Graham Bleakley, Ph.D., Solution Architect, IBM's IOT Watson Group, Co-chair, OMG UPDM™
- Dr. Ben Calloni, Lockheed Martin Fellow, Co-chair, OMG Systems Assurance Task Force
- Djenana Campara, CEO KDM Analytics, Co-chair OMG Systems Assurance Task Force
- Cory Casanave, President, Model Driven Solutions
- Dr. Bill Curtis, Executive Director, Consortium for IT Software Quality™ (CISQ™)
- Matthew Hause, GTM Technical Specialist, Engineering Fellow, PTC, Co-chair, OMG UPDM
- Kurt Jacobs, Director, IoT Solutions, NEC Enterprise Communication Technologies
- Joe Jarzombek, Global Manager, Software Supply Chain Management, Synopsys Software Integrity Group, former Director, Software & Supply Chain Assurance, U.S. Department of Homeland Security
- Whynde Kuehn, Director & Cofounder, Business Architecture Guild
- Robert Martin, Senior Principal Engineer, MITRE
- Vijay Mehra, Principal Consultant, KYM Advisors, Inc.
- Dr. Jon Siegel, Vice President, Technology Transfer, OMG
- Richard Soley, Chairman and CEO, OMG
- Rachna Stegall, Director Connected Technologies, Underwriters Laboratories
- Dr. Said Tabet, Senior Technologist and Industry Standards Strategist, EMC
- William Ulrich, President, Business Architecture Guild
- Andrew Watson, Vice President and Technical Director, OMG
All Special Events require advance registration. Separate registration fees apply for the Cyber Risk Summit and the Business Architecture Insurance Industry Reference Model Workshop. However, registration for the full OMG TC Meeting week includes all Special Event daily fees. The Early Bird deadline to register for the entire meeting week expires on August 12, 2016. Media can register for a complimentary press pass using the code TCCHP16.
OMG Social Media Channels
Follow the Twitter hashtag #OMGChicago to join the conversation. To learn about becoming an OMG member, click on http://www.omg.org or visit us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter or connect with us on LinkedIn.
The Object Management Group® (OMG®) is an international, open membership, not-for-profit technology standards consortium. OMG Task Forces develop enterprise integration standards for a wide range of technologies and an even wider range of industries. OMG's modeling standards enable powerful visual design, execution and maintenance of software and other processes. Visit www.omg.org for more information.
Note to editors: For a listing of all OMG trademarks, visit http://www.omg.org/legal/tm_list.htm. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.