DELIVERABLES IN PROGRESS
The OMG Cloud Working Group is planning three projects to start in Q4 2018.
- Version 3.0 of Practical Guide to Cloud Service Agreements. This paper was written to help enterprise IT and business decision makers analyze cloud service agreements (CSAs) from different cloud service providers. Version 2.0 provides a prescriptive series of steps that cloud customers should take to evaluate CSAs in order to compare multiple cloud providers or to negotiate terms with a selected provider. V1.0 was published in April 2012.
- Version 3.0 of Public Cloud Service Agreements: What to Expect and What to Negotiate. This paper was written to help cloud customers understand and evaluate public cloud service agreements from different providers. The heart of the guide is a series of ten steps that cloud service customers should take to evaluate CSAs in order to compare public cloud service providers or negotiate terms with a provider. The recommendations are based on a thorough assessment of publicly available agreements from leading providers. V1.0 was published in March 2013.
- Kick-off a new deliverable, tentatively titled, Practical Guide to Cloud Delivery Technologies.
Other paper topics and version updates on the roadmap, with timeframe for initiation TBD, include:
- Cloud Governance (new topic)
- Update to Practical Guide to Cloud Management Platforms
- Update to Practical Guide to PaaS
- Artificial Intelligence Reference Architecture
- Resilience Reference Architecture