|Product/Service Description: || |
regulations Dassault Systémes and the CATIA Magic solutions are the world's Number One solution for Product Design and Experience, constantly pushing boundaries to support innovation with powerful technologies, high data quality, and instinctive use, always learning from our customers and our users. CATIA's broad portfolio of applications for Systems Engineering, Design & Styling, Engineering, and Construction, is at the heart of Dassault Systémes' solutions to serve all industries with the power of the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform, leveraging the value from all other 3DS Brands.
Through the acquisition of No Magic, CATIA further solidifies our leadership and expands our integrated offerings in systems engineering. CATIA/No Magic is the number-one preferred system architecture and enterprise architecture modeling tool in the world, supporting most of the modeling standards by OMG and other standard bodies. The No Magic solutions are integrated on the 3DEXPERIENCE platform to provide the best-in-class Model-based System Engineering and System-of-Systems Engineering solution called CATIA Magic.
CATIA Magic support of Model-Driven Architecture® (MDA®)
Model-Driven Architecture® (MDA®) "provides an approach for deriving value from models and architecture in support of the full life cycle of physical, organizational and I.T. systems". MDA has been a core part of CATIA Magic tools and legacy products like MagicDraw and Cameo since MSA was first launched by the Object Management Group (OMG) in 2001. CATIA Magic supports the MDA approach to software design, development, and implementation is supported and implemented through a combination of the following capabilities and tool-specific features:
UML - UML modeling is a core part of supporting MDA. Our implementation is battle-tested by thousands creating MDA solutions internally in commercial and open source products that rely on our implementation of the UML standard and ease of use. UML is a core capability of Magic Software Architect, Magic Cyber-Systems Engineer, and Magic Software Architect.
SysML - Model-Based System Engineering (MBSE) is now used for most complex hardware/software systems. SysML is at the heart of MBSE by providing a standard-based model and visualization of complex systesms. SysML provides the ability to model structure, behavior, parametrics, and requirements. Because SysML is built on UML, the same capabilities for MDA teechniques are available to MBSE..SysML is available in Magic Software Architect. and Magic Cyber-Systems Engineer.
XML Metadata Interchangeâ"¢ (XMIÂ®), - A general method for MDA is to create a tool that reads a model that supports XMI, the standard for model interchange. This allows customers to create independent MDA solutions using any technique that can read XML to generate software and data. . XMI is available in Magic Software Architect, Magic Cyber-Systems Engineer, and Magic Software Architect.
Eclipse Modeling Framework (EMF) - CATIA Magic tools can read/write the popular Eclipse modeling file formats are essential as many MDA tools are written using the Eclipse Modeling Framework (EMF) ecosystem. EMF is available in . Magic Software Architect, Magic Cyber-Systems Engineer, and Magic Software Architect products.
Code Engineering - Support for direct generation of code (Java, C++, SQL DDL, etc. This capability is available in Magic Software Architect or in Magic Software Architect, Magic Cyber-Systems Engineer products when purchased with code generation features.
Export of State Chart XML (SCXML) - SCXML is the cornerstone of many mission-critical systems as it reduces software complexity with predictable behavior. This capability is available in Magic Software Architect or in Magic Software Architect, Magic Cyber-Systems Engineer products when purchased with code generation features.
- Open API- A cornerstone of MDA is interpreting designs programmatically. CATIA Magic is known for its access to the UML model with standard API from Eclipse (EMF), Oracle(JMI). In addition, our extensions beyond these standard API make it easier to author MDA tools within our ecosystem. . Magic Software Architect, Magic Cyber-Systems Engineer and Magic Software Architect have access to the Open API. In addition, the Magic Collaboration Studio has its own API for the manipulation of data in a server environment PIM SIM and Transformation - The ability to model the Platform Independent Model (PIM) and the Platform Specific Model (PSM) are another core part of the MDA approach. In addition, the transformation capabilities of the tool support transforming PIM to PSM like transforming a logical data model (platform-independent) to an SQL( platform-specific) model. Because PIM SIM and Transformation are a core part of modeling in general, all CATIA Magic tools support this capability.
- Report Generation - Report generation was created for standard reporting, but reporting is also a core method to generate code and data. Magic Software Architect, Magic Cyber-Systems Engineer, and Magic Software Architect include reporting in all editions.
Model Validation - Extensive capability for end-users to create rules that ensure that models and complete and correct so that MDA tools can consistently generate code and data using an MDA approach. In addition, we have a vast library of built-in out-of-the-box validation.
Simulation - The ability to simulate structure, activity, and states is critical to ensuring that models are correct before MDA techniques are used to create code and data for target systems. When using our requirement capabilities plus simulation, we can test behavior and validate requirements before generating code and data assets. Simulation of models is available in Magic Model Analyst and may be augmented with CATIA Magic Alf Analyst, and CATIA Dymola.
Variant Realization - For the generation of code and data to highly configurable systems, we support the ability to model the 110% model to specific configurations. This can reduce the size of generated code to avoid unnecessary features, reducing the support and test burden.
Collaboration - MDA- based systems are often large and complex, with teams ranging from a small group to hundreds of contributors and reviewers. Magic Collaboration Studio enables small and enterprise-scale teams to work on the models at the same time. Stakeholders also need to review and comment on models. Magic-Collaboration supports very large models' element-level versioning, branch, merge, and access control. The product is compatible with all of our modeling products: Magic Systems of Systems Architect, Magic Cyber-Systems Engineer, and Magic Software Architect. In summary, the supported standards and features enable the use of models for general MDA and support the creation of MDA tooling for your specific needs.
Dassault Systems CATIA Magic Products accociated with MDA capabilities
- Magic Systems of Systems Architect Magic Cyber-Systems Engineer
- Magic Software Architect
- Magic Model Analyst
- Magic Collaboration Studio
- Magic Alf Analyst
- Magic Teamcenter Connector
Other CATIA Products related to MDA:
- CATIA Stimulus - An end-to-end requirements validation solution. Uses models from CATIA Magic as input to various tasks to simulate and validate requiremetns against design.
- CATIA - Dymola, Dynamic Modeling Laboratory, is a complete tool for modeling and simulation of integrated and complex systems for use within automotive, aerospace, robotics, process and other applications.
Dymola can also be integrated into Magic Model Analysis for parametric execution and as part of model execution. Dymola is also integratable with CATIA Magic products (see https://docs.nomagic.com/display/MSI2021x/Integration+with+Dymola )
Partner Products RTI - Supplies plugin and tools for DDS. https://www.rti.com/
CATIA Magic: https://www.3ds.com/products-services/catia/products/catia-magic/
No Magic: https://www.3ds.com/products-services/catia/products/no-magic/