Object Management Group
Object Management Group BOD Adopts Software Sizing, Safety-Critical Systems and Language Coding Support Submissions
Needham, MA - July 12, 2016 - The Object Management Group® (OMG®), an international, open membership, not-for-profit technology standards consortium, held its quarterly Technical Meeting from June 20-24 at the Loews Portofino Bay Hotel in Orlando, Florida, USA. During the meeting, its Board of Directors (BOD) voted to adopt the following standards:
- Automated Enhancement Points™ (AEP) - This standard provides a consistent way of accurately measuring software size, which is critical to productivity analysis, vendor management and maintenance and enhancement work.
- OMG Languages, Countries and Codes™ (LCC) - This standard provides formal, machine-readable representations of the names of countries and regions worldwide, and the languages spoken within them, thus providing an essential foundation for many financial, commercial, government and academic applications. The ontologies in this standard are based on two existing ISO standards: ISO 639, Codes for the representation of language names, and ISO 3166, Codes for representing country names and their subdivisions.
- Structured Assurance Case Metamodel ™ (SACM™) 2.0 - This standard builds on the first version of OMG's successful SACM specification for recording and exchanging design information about safety-critical systems. Assurance Cases are sets of auditable claims, arguments, and evidence created to verify that a defined system will satisfy specific requirements.
To view these and other OMG specifications, visit www.omg.org/spec/index.htm.
During the week, OMG held informational events for the public:
- Introduction to OMG's Modeling & Middleware Specifications Tutorial
- IIoT Challenges and Opportunities
All presentations can be found on the separate events' agendas here.
NEXT TECHNICAL MEETING
OMG members will meet in Chicago, Illinois, USA, from September 12-16, 2016 at the Loews Chicago O'Hare Hotel. Learn more here.
To learn more about OMG, visit us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter or connect with us on LinkedIn.
The Object Management Group® (OMG®) is an international, open membership, not-for-profit technology standards consortium. OMG Task Forces develop enterprise integration standards for a wide range of technologies and an even wider range of industries. OMG's modeling standards enable powerful visual design, execution and maintenance of software and other processes. Visit www.omg.org for more information.
Note to editors: For a listing of all OMG trademarks, visit https://www.omg.org/legal/tm_list.htm. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.