Object Management Group
Object Management Group Kicks Off New Complimentary Event in DC for Attendees Interested in Its Technology Standards
Focus on New Perspective about OMG Standards
Needham, MA - March 7, 2017 - The Object Management Group® (OMG®), an international, open membership, not-for-profit technology standards consortium, today announced it will host a complimentary get-together about OMG's standards on Wednesday, March 22 from 8:30 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. in the Grand Ballroom D at the Hyatt Regency Hotel in Reston, Virginia. This gathering is an informal way for users of OMG standards to be involved in their creation or maintenance. Attendees can learn and network over user experiences, vendor challenges and successes with products based on OMG standards with OMG Ambassadors. The event includes a continental breakfast.
The list of confirmed OMG specifications is below.
- The OMG Systems Modeling Language™ (SysML®) is a general-purpose graphical modeling language for specifying, analyzing, designing, and verifying complex systems that may include hardware, software, information, personnel, procedures, and facilities.
- OMG's Unified Modeling Language™ (UML®) specifies, visualizes, and documents models of software systems, including their structure and design. UML is methodology-independent so that regardless of the methodology used to perform analysis and design, UML can be used to express the results.
- The Business Process Modeling Notation™ (BPMN™) specification provides a graphical notation for specifying business processes in a Business Process Diagram. Its goal is to support BPM by providing a standard notation that is comprehensible to business users yet represents complex process semantics for technical users.
- OMG's Data Distribution Service™ (DDS™) is a middleware protocol and API standard for data-centric connectivity. It integrates the components of a system together, providing low-latency data connectivity, extreme reliability, and a scalable architecture that business and mission-critical Internet of Things applications need.
- Unified Architecture Framework® (UAF®) is a new version of the UPDM™ 2 standard. It addresses the needs of military frameworks (such as DoDAF and MODAF) as well as industry, offering a structured approach for managing the complexity of systems-of- systems engineering within the organization in different levels of abstraction.
OMG Social Media Channels
Follow the Twitter hashtag #OMGReston to join the conversation. To learn about becoming an OMG member, click on http://www.omg.org or visit us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter or connect with us on LinkedIn.
The Object Management Group® (OMG®) is an international, open membership, not-for-profit technology standards consortium with representation from government, industry and academia. OMG Task Forces develop enterprise integration standards for a wide range of technologies and an even wider range of industries. OMG's modeling standards enable powerful visual design, execution and maintenance of software and other processes. Visit www.omg.org for more information.
Note to editors: For a listing of all OMG trademarks, visit http://www.omg.org/legal/tm_list.htm. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.