OMG® Standards for the Canadian Government
DATES: September 26-27, 2018
VENUE:Delta Hotels Ottawa City Centre, Ottawa, Canada
COST:Tutorials (complimentary), lunch (US $49 per day), Wednesday evening reception (US $25)
2-DAYS OF INFORMATION SESSIONS, TUTORIALS AND NETWORKING
The Object Management Group® (OMG®) will host a special event for the Canadian Government at its Technical Meeting the week of September 24 – 28, 2018 in Ottawa.
In addition to the OMG task force meetings, members will be providing two days of information sessions and tutorials on OMG’s portfolio of open specifications and standards that align to government objectives and priorities outlined in Canada’s Information Technology Strategic Plan 2016 – 2020 and the FWD50 and Open First initiatives. The information will be applicable to federal, provincial and municipal authorities seeking open vendor agnostic solutions to common IM/IT challenges.
Key focus areas include:
- Architecture-driven IT modernization and digital transformation
- Cloud computing and modern architectures
- Information sharing and safeguarding
- Cybersecurity, resilience and layered defense
- Internet of Things (IoT), embedded and real-time systems
- Aligning enterprise, business, solutions/systems, information and security architectures
Deliverables will be shared from OMG-managed programs:
- Cloud Standards Customer Council
- Consortium for IT Software Quality
- Industrial Internet Consortium
Attend information sessions and tutorials on OMG standards:
- Unified Architecture Framework® (UAF®)
- Business Process Modeling Notation™ (BPMN™)
- Data Distribution Service™ (DDS™)
- Automated Source Code Software Quality Measures
- Information Exchange Framework™ (IEF™)
- Data Residency
- And more
About OMG® The Object Management Group® (OMG®) is an international, open membership, not-for-profit technology standards consortium, founded in 1989. OMG standards are driven by vendors, end-users, academic institutions and government agencies. OMG Task Forces develop enterprise integration standards for a wide range of technologies and an even wider range of industries. OMG’s modeling standards, including the Unified Modeling Language® (UML®) and Model Driven Architecture® (MDA®), enable powerful visual design, execution and maintenance of software and other processes. OMG also hosts organizations such as the user-driven information-sharing Cloud Standards Customer Council™ (CSCC™) and the IT industry software quality standardization group, the Consortium for IT Software Quality™ (CISQ™). OMG also manages the Industrial Internet Consortium®, the public-private partnership that was formed in 2014 with AT&T, Cisco, GE, IBM, and Intel to forward the development, adoption, and innovation of the Industrial IoT.
OMG members include hundreds of organizations including software end-users in over two dozen vertical markets (from finance to healthcare and automotive to insurance) and virtually every large organization in the technology industry.