DATE: Monday, December 9, 2019
TIME: 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm
PLACE:Hyatt Regency Long Beach Hotel, 200 S Pine Ave., Long Beach, CA 90802 (hotel info)
COST: Free (Registration Required)
ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE STRATEGY AND ROAD MAP
The Object Management Group is launching a new strategy on Artificial Intelligence standards. We believe that AI has reached the level of maturity and is touching so many sectors that users and vendors alike will benefit from initiatives to standardize the foundations of AI. Drawing on over thirty years of seminal work in knowledge representations, ontology and robotics, OMG is the best place for industry, academia, government and non-profit organizations to come together to define such standards through its newly formed AI Platform Task Force.
Join us Monday, December 9, to learn more about OMG’s strategy and the AI Task Force’s roadmap. Through short presentations and a panel session, we will discuss:
- The expanded scope of AI, which now reaches into many domains and integrates new technologies such as ontologies, vision recognition, analytics, machine learning (in particular for the industrial IoT), and more.
- The positive impact on innovation derived from standardization; when a technology area reaches a certain degree of maturity, standards free organizations from integration and interchange challenges, enabling them to focus on using the technology to achieve their business goals.
- How OMG’s proven process and foundational capabilities can bootstrap the AI Standards effort. OMG’s many industry-specific domain task forces (Finance, Healthcare, Retail, etc.) will bring their expertise to the table and also benefit from AI standards. Learn more about how you can become involved in this effort at the OMG Meet & Greet in Long Beach. Light refreshments will be served.
- AI Task Force Overview
- OMG’s AI Strategy – Claude Baudoin (cébé IT & Knowledge Management) - VIEW PDF
Knowledge Representation at OMG – Elisa Kendall (Thematix Partners) - VIEW PDF
- Panel Discussion
- What AI Standards
Artem Beer (Torch.ai)
Roger Burkhart (John Deere)
- Networking and Refreshments