Data Residency: Status, Challenges and Standards
Tutorial and Roundtable Discussion
DATE: Tuesday, June 18, 2019
TIME: 9:00am – 12:00pm (tutorial)
12:00pm - 1:00pm (lunch roundtable - $49)
PLACE:Park Inn City West, La Guardiaweg 59, Amsterdam, The Netherlands (hotel info)
COST: Tutorial is complimentary; $49 to include lunch roundtable
TWO REGISTRATION OPTIONS: Tutorial only OR Tutorial with option to add lunchTUTORIAL ONLY REGISTRATION tutorial plus lunch
Join the Discussion on Data Residency
As data is increasingly accessed and shared across geographic boundaries, a growing web of conflicting laws and regulations dictate where data can be transferred, stored, and shared, and how it is protected. The OMG® recently completed a significant effort to analyze and document the challenges posed by data residency, and to propose a Data Residency Maturity Model to guide data owners and custodians.
This special tutorial, with optional lunch roundtable, seeks to inform the audience about this work and kick off discussions of a roadmap toward resolving the issues by developing or updating appropriate standards.
We will review:
- the definition and scope of data residency,
- the types of data that present risks to their owners and custodians,
- the diversity of laws and regulations around the world,
- examples of actual incidents that illustrate the potential impact,
- the standards that might be evolved (or created) to help manage the issue,
- the Data Residency Maturity Model.
During the mid-morning break and lunch roundtable, you will find opportunities to meet the speakers and other attendees, and discuss how you approach data residency in your respective organizations. .