DATE: Wednesday & Thursday, March 25 - 26, 2020
TIME: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
PLACE: Hyatt Regency, Reston, VA, USA (hotel info)
COST: $249 (registration required)
JUMPSTART: BPM+ Jumpstart optional add-on Tuesday, March 24, 2020
Business Process Management for Healthcare (BPM+ Health) Industry Workshop
Clinical healthcare providers have been challenged to leverage and disseminate evidence-based best practices at the point of care and serve an increasingly mobile patient population as it navigates among sites and institutions of care.
BPM+ Health™ is addressing these concerns head-on by establishing a community of practice based upon the use of open, standards-based notations (brought together under the umbrella of a style guide) which allows for all types of health organizations, professional societies, and vendors to document their care pathways and workflows so that they are sharable, discoverable, and in the future can be computer-consumable (computable). This approach results in guidelines that have been demonstrated to be more accurately expressed, more internally consistent, and more consumable than paper or pdf-style counterparts.
BPM+ Health goals:
- Develop best practices around modeling and sharing clinical pathways, clinical guidelines, and other healthcare knowledge;
- Promote the use of standards such as BPMN, DMN, and CMMN to produce deliverables to maximize their usefulness and shareability and to promote their adoption;
- Cultivate a knowledge ecosystem devoted to improving national and international health by leveraging open and available industry standards to remove barriers to sharing knowledge;
- Improve the precision and compliance with best practices, resulting in better implementations;
- Seek collaboration with other standards developing organizations in the Healthcare industry.
This two-day event will feature several activities, including:
- Tuesday night welcome reception sponsored by MAXIMUS
- Role of BPM+ in clinical quality improvement
- Presentations discussing findings from early trials using guidelines based on BPM+ standards
- Adoption approaches about how to leverage BPM+ content in clinical systems
- Launching BPM+ initiatives within your organization and the business case for doing so
- Establishment of working groups within the community-of-practice to share experiences and priorities with peer organizations
Invited speakers from the American College of Emergency Physicians, The American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology, the US Department of Veterans Affairs, Mayo Clinic, and healthcare and technology vendors. Please join us in Reston, Virginia for this exciting event. Agenda to come.
Optional Jumpstart/Overview of BPM+ Health and how it is used (Tuesday afternoon from 2:00 pm - 6:00 pm) The BPM+ Health Workshop content assumes a basic understanding of the BPM+ community and underlying standards and core artifacts. New community members or interested parties that do not have this background are strongly encouraged to attend the BPM+ Jumpstart, which was designed specifically as an “on-ramp” to help acclimate attendees to the community. Jumpstart add-on is $50. BPM+ Health members with paid organizational memberships are welcome to attend the BPM+ Jumpstart at no cost. OMG Members attending the full TC week are also free to attend.