Object Management Group
OMG Presents Smart Energy Technology Information Day
June 20, 2012 in Cambridge, MA
Needham, MA – May 30, 2012 – OMG® presents “Smart Energy Technology Information Day;” a one-day special event on Wednesday, June 20, 2012 at the Hyatt Regency Cambridge in Cambridge MA. Information and registration information is available at https://www.omg.org/smart-energy-day.
The Smart Energy Technology Information Day will highlight the issues and standards pertinent to energy Transmission and Distribution and power generation. Presentations from academia and industry technologists will focus on current standards and regulations and best practices in power generation industries. A status of the soon to be proposed OMG Smart Energy standard will also be covered.
- Smart Grid Real-world Experience
- Smart Grid Software Security
- Future Proof Smart Grid Architecture
- Dr. George W. Arnold, PhD, National Coordinator for Smart Grid Interoperability, National Institute of Standards and Technology
- Keynote: David O'Brien, Director of Regulatory Strategy & Compliance, Bridge Energy Group
- John Teeter, Chief Scientist, People Power Company
- Dr. Bahman Daryanian, PhD, Director, Smart Power & Power Economics, GE Energy Consulting
- Paul Fechtelkotter, Segment Executive Energy and Utilities, Rational Division, IBM Software Group, IBM
- Dirk Mahling, PhD, Director of Distributed Energy Systems, Fraunhofer USA
- Christopher G. Bull, MBA, PMP, Managing Director, SmartGrid Consulting Ltd
Anyone with interest in these topics is encouraged to attend.
In addition, attendees are invited to join us at an evening reception following the event. Many of the presentation participants from the day will be in attendance. Anyone registered for the OMG Technical Meeting may attend the event at no additional cost. Special event pricing of $200 is available and walk-ins are welcome.
The Object Management Group® (OMG®) is an international, open membership, not-for-profit technology standards consortium. OMG Task Forces develop enterprise integration standards for a wide range of technologies and an even wider range of industries. OMG's modeling standards enable powerful visual design, execution and maintenance of software and other processes. Visit www.omg.org for more information.
Note to editors: For a listing of all OMG trademarks, visit https://www.omg.org/legal/tm_list.htm. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.