Business Architecture Innovation Summit To Take Place At Object Management Group Technical Meeting
Needham, MA – 12-17-2012 – The Business Architecture Guild and the Object Management Group (OMG) are excited to announce the Business Architecture Innovation Summit, a two-day practitioner-focused event on March 19th-20th, 2013 at the OMG's quarterly technical meeting in Reston, VA. The two-day summit brings together practitioners and industry leaders to share business architecture best practices, deployment strategies and real life experiences.
"Collaboration between OMG and the Business Architecture Guild ensures that best practices influence evolving industry standards. This event is another milestone in the expansion and formalization of the Business Architecture community," says William Ulrich, Guild co-founder and OMG's Business Architecture Special Interest Group (BASIG) co-chair. Added Guild co-founder, Michael Rosen: "Having been involved with OMG since the early days of COBRA, it is rewarding to see that OMG is extending its tradition of innovation into the business community by supporting the work of the BASIG and co-sponsoring this event."
The Summit features business practitioners from industry and government who will share stories about how they deployed business architecture in their organizations, including pitfalls and benefits. Panel sessions will allow attendees to have focused discussions with practitioners and practice leaders, going beyond the superficial and focusing on solution oriented disciplines and practices. Highlights include:
- Ford Motor Company Senior Manager- Enterprise Engineering, Eric Karsten discusses Establishing a Business Architecture Function
- The Boeing Company Associate Technical Fellow, Enterprise Architecture, Steve DuPont discussing From Canvas to Blueprint: Aligning Business Models with Business Architecture
- Mastercard Senior Consultant, John Baker, leads Experiences Linking Business Architecture with an Agile/Lean Development Method
- United Airlines Principal Enterprise Architect, Diana Krohn, discussing a Capability-Based Approach to Strategic Transformational Initiatives
- Nordstrom, Inc. Enterprise Architect, Scott Whitmire, leads Understand the Plumbing of Your Business Using Structural Performance Measures
Attendees are also invited to attend an evening reception following the event. The reception will give attendees the opportunity to discuss the topics presented in a relaxed, informal setting.
Attendees of the OMG technical meeting may attend the summit at no additional cost. For all other attendees, there is a $395 fee.
For a complete list of speakers and panelists and more information on this exciting event, click here.
The Object Management Group® (OMG®) is an international, open membership, not-for-profit technology standards consortium. OMG Task Forces develop enterprise integration standards for a wide range of technologies and an even wider range of industries. OMG's modeling standards enable powerful visual design, execution and maintenance of software and other processes. Visit www.omg.org for more information.
Note to editors: For a listing of all OMG trademarks, visit https://www.omg.org/legal/tm_list.htm. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.