Object Management Group
Object Management Group Media Advisory
What: The Object Management Group® (OMG®) will host an all-day seminar entitled "Cross Domain Threat and Risk Information Exchange Day" on March 23 at the Hyatt Regency Hotel in Reston, Virginia. OMG is organizing this event to bring together concerned audiences from the government and private sectors to collaborate and share threat, risk and provenance information across cyber and physical domains, technologies and data formats.
Expert speakers will discuss how federating, analyzing and sharing threat and risk information can effectively counter multi-dimensional intentional threats. Attendees will have the opportunity to: learn from case studies; network with cyber security, law enforcement, public safety, counter terrorism, healthcare and emergency management personnel; expand their understanding of the rapidly growing field of risk and threat management; and influence evolving software standards.
Who: Agenda will include:
- "Welcome and Introductions": Richard Soley, Chairman & CEO, Object Management Group
- "National Security Focus and Why We Care": Kshemendra Paul, Program Manager, Information Sharing Environment, (PM-ISE)
- Government Keynote: "Description of Cyber/Critical Infrastructure Exploits": Richard T. Naylor, CISSP, Deputy Director, Counterintelligence Directorate (Cyber), Defense Security Service
- Industry Keynote: "Challenges in the Vendor Space to Solve Issues": Patrick Sack, Chief Security CTO, Oracle
- Federal and State Panel - "Use Case and Community Building": Pamela Wise-Martinez, Enterprise Architect, PM-ISE, Moderator; Nicole Morse-Myers, PhD., California Office of Emergency Services /BioWatch Data; Justin Stekervetz, Director, NIEM PMO, Department of Homeland Security; and spokespeople from FEMA and the FBI
- Vendor Panel - "Solutions and Technology": Gerald Beuchelt, Chief Security Officer, Demandware, Moderator; Djenana Campara, CEO, KDM Analytics; Cory Casanave, President & CEO, Model Driven Solutions; John Totah, Technical Director, Office of the CTO, Oracle National Security Group; and Chris Hoover, GRC Strategist, RSA, The Security Division of EMC
- "Status of the RFP Threat and Risk Initiative": Cory Casanave, President & CEO, Model Driven Solutions and Submission Team Members
When: Monday, March 23, 2015. 9am EST to 4pm EST
(Registration is open. Standard rate is $199 US and government employee rate is $50 US.)
Where: Hyatt Regency Reston
1800 Presidents Street, Reston, VA 20190
How: Contact Ann McDonough at +1 781-444-0404 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. To view the full agenda and to register, click here.
Please refer to the hashtag #ThreatRisk to stay involved in the event's lively, interactive discussions.
The Object Management Group® (OMG®) is an international, open membership, not-for-profit technology standards consortium. OMG Task Forces develop enterprise integration standards for a wide range of technologies and an even wider range of industries. OMG's modeling standards enable powerful visual design, execution and maintenance of software and other processes. Visit www.omg.org for more information.
Note to editors: For a listing of all OMG trademarks, visit https://www.omg.org/legal/tm_list.htm. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.