Object Management Group
Experts to Address IIoT, Business Architecture and Lifecycle Collaboration at OMG Special Events in La Jolla, CA
Needham, MA, November 5, 2015 - The Object Management Group® (OMG®), an international, open membership, not-for-profit technology standards consortium, today announced the final agenda and lineup of notable speakers for its special events program. The program is co-located with the OMG Technical Meeting which will be held from December 7-11, 2015 at the Hyatt Regency Hotel in La Jolla, California. The Technical Meeting is sponsored by No Magic, RTI and Sparx Systems and is open to the public.
"Our special events attract top presenters and great topics. I look forward to the positive impact these discussions will have on advancing IIoT standards and testbeds, simplifying ALM-PLM Interoperability and jumpstarting business architecture initiatives," said Dr. Richard Soley, Chairman and CEO of OMG.
The agenda includes the following events:
- Business Architecture Reference Model Building Workshop
- Introduction to OMG's Modeling & Middleware Specifications Tutorial (complimentary live webcast)
- OMG Standards at Work in the Industrial Internet of Things (complimentary)
- Open Services for Lifecycle Collaboration (OSLC) Summit
Industry and technical experts who will speak at these events are:
- Claude Baudoin, cébé IT & Knowledge Management
- William Beavin, Software Engineer and Technical Fellow, Boeing Company
- Dr. Ben Calloni, Lockheed Martin Fellow, Lockheed Martin and Co-Chair OMG System Assurance Task Force
- Bill Chown, Product Marketing Director, Mentor Graphics
- Nick Crossley, Technical Architect, IBM
- Andrew Foster, Product Manager, PrismTech
- Matthew Hause, GTM Technical Specialist, Engineering Fellow, PTC, OMG UPDM™ Co-Chair
- Whynde Kuehn, S2E Consulting, Inc.
- Frederic Loiret, Senior Researcher, KTH (Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden)
- Axel Reichwein, CEO, Koneksys
- Jim Reuhlin, Senior Software Engineer, IBM
- Dr. Stan Schneider, CEO, Real-Time Innovations, Inc.
- Mark Schulte, Software Engineer and Associate Technical Fellow, Boeing Company
- Dr. Richard Soley, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, OMG and Executive Director,
Industrial Internet Consortium
- Nina Tucker, Vice President, Twin Oaks Computing
- William Ulrich, TSG
- Lonnie VanZandt, Chief Architect, Predictable Response Consulting
- Andrew Watson, Vice President and Technical Director, OMG
Special Events Summaries
Beginning Monday, December 7, Dr. Jon Siegel, OMG Vice President, Technology Transfer, will webcast his tutorial on OMG modeling and middleware standards. On the same day, attendees interested in business architecture are encouraged to participate in the one-day Business Architecture Immersion Workshop. The Business Architecture Reference Model Building Workshop event will run from Tuesday, December 8 through Wednesday, December 9. Attendees will work with peers building capability maps, value steams and information maps in the financial services, healthcare provider and manufacturing fields. Those who work in other industries will still gain valuable insights into the hands-on session. The fee for the Business Architecture Reference Model Building Workshop is $395 USD (with an additional $100 USD for the optional Immersion Workshop).
On Wednesday, December 9, experts will discuss the role that OSLC plays in the development of next-generation data integration solutions at the Open Services for Lifecycle Collaboration Summit.The fee is $199 USD.
On December 10, IIoT experts, from the vendor and end user communities, will share case studies of OMG standards at work in the IIoT in the complimentary OMG Standards at Work in the Industrial Internet of Things event.
The standard registration is $950 USD for the entire week. Special events are included with the registration. To view the full special events agenda and register, please visit here. Media can register for a complimentary press pass using the code TCCLJ15.
Follow the Twitter hashtag #OMGLaJolla to join the conversation. To learn about becoming an OMG member, click on https://www.omg.org or visit us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter or connect with us on LinkedIn.
The Object Management Group® (OMG®) is an international, open membership, not-for-profit technology standards consortium. OMG Task Forces develop enterprise integration standards for a wide range of technologies and an even wider range of industries. OMG's modeling standards enable powerful visual design, execution and maintenance of software and other processes. Visit www.omg.org for more information.
Note to editors: For a listing of all OMG trademarks, visit https://www.omg.org/legal/tm_list.htm. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.