Object Management Group
Experts Convene in Chicago for Complimentary IIoT Event in September
Focus On How IIoT Technology Standards Improve Productivity, Save Costs and Streamline Processes
Needham, MA - August 15, 2016 - The Object Management Group®(OMG®), an international, open membership, not-for-profit technology standards consortium, today announced the IIoT Challenges and Opportunities special event will be held on Thursday, September 15, 2016 from 8:15 am-12:15 pm at the Loews Chicago O'Hare hotel in Rosemont, Illinois, USA. Registration is open to the public but space is limited.
Authorities predict that the Internet of Things will disrupt entire industries and instigate sweeping changes in the way of doing business for years to come. And while there are enormous benefits in efficiency and economy, these benefits can only be achieved by overcoming challenges that range from the need for a new distributed computing architecture to security and privacy risks.
This half-day event is a joint presentation by the OMG and the Industrial Internet Consortium® (IIC), the global not-for-profit public-private partnership of 250+ member organizations, that have joined together to accelerate the growth of the Industrial Internet. The agenda will showcase industry leaders from both organizations, who will discuss the latest trends, present case studies and join together in a panel discussion:
- Claude Baudoin, Owner and Principal Consultant, cébé IT and Knowledge Management
- Graham Bleakley, Ph.D., Solution Architect, IBM's IOT Watson Group, OMG UPDM™ Co-Chair
- Dr. Ben Calloni, Lockheed Martin Fellow, Lockheed Martin and Co-Chair OMG Systems Assurance Task Force
- Dr. Bill Curtis, Executive Director, Consortium for Information & Software Quality ™ (CISQ™)
- Matthew Hause, GTM Technical Specialist, Engineering Fellow, PTC, OMG UPDM Co-Chair
- Kurt Jacobs, Director, IoT Solutions, NEC Enterprise Communication Technologies
- Dr. Said Tabet, Senior Technologist and Industry Standards Strategist, EMC
- Andrew Watson, Vice President and Technical Director, OMG
To reserve a spot, attendees are asked to complete a registration form.
The Object Management Group® (OMG®) is an international, open membership, not-for-profit technology standards consortium. OMG Task Forces develop enterprise integration standards for a wide range of technologies and an even wider range of industries. OMG's modeling standards enable powerful visual design, execution and maintenance of software and other processes. Visit www.omg.org for more information.
Note to editors: For a listing of all OMG trademarks, visit https://www.omg.org/legal/tm_list.htm. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.