Object Management Group
Object Management Group to Host December 6 Cybersecurity Workshop: Risk Assessment through Automated Attack Analysis
Leaders from Lockheed Martin, MITRE, General Dynamics Mission Systems and Consortium for Information & Software Quality to Present
Needham, MA - November 21, 2016 - The Cybersecurity Workshop: Risk Assessment Through Automated Attack Analysis will take place on Tuesday, Dec. 6, 2016, at the Loews Coronado Bay Hotel in Coronado, California, USA. The workshop will be held from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., and is hosted by the Object Management Group® (OMG®), an international, open membership, not-for-profit technology standards consortium. Registration is open to the public.
Cyber threats facing a nation's critical infrastructure, mission-critical systems, or any Internet of Things (IoT) system, demand a cyber infrastructure that matches their combined enormity and complexity. However, new, innovative approaches and designs for containing these threats will increase costs. As additional costs are added into the development lifecycle, new technologies are emerging that contain the cost curve for cyber development and integration. Attendees will learn how to"
- plan for, budget and reduce costs for security engineering;
- conduct cyber analysis and make calculations rapidly as systems evolve and the security environment changes;
- integrate costs of cyber into mission-critical systems through case study examples; and
- manage the structural quality of software-intensive systems to avoid system outages and cyberattacks.
Agenda highlights include:
- "The Cybersecurity Engineering Lifecycle," presented by Dr. Ben Calloni, Lockheed Martin Fellow and Co-chair of the OMG Systems Assurance Task Force
- "Measuring the Cybersecurity of Software," presented by Dr. Bill Curtis, Executive Director of the Consortium for Information & Software Quality ™
"Can System Readiness Level (SRL) Support an Understanding of Cyber Development Costs?," "Cyber Security RFI for Reducing Cyber Cost," and "Monitoring Security Networks in the IIoT," presented by Ron Townsen, Chief Engineer, General Dynamics Mission Systems and Co-chair of the OMG C4I Domain Task Force
- "Enabling Information Sharing and Safeguards," presented by Mike Abramson, President, Advanced Systems Management Group and Co-chair of the OMG C4I Task Force and IEF Working Group
- "Real Time Secure Collaboration," presented by Dr. Nick Stavros, President & CEO, Jackrabbit Consulting
- "Threat Modeling to Contain Cyber Lifecycle Costs," presented by Djenana Campara, CEO, KDM Analytics and Co-chair of the OMG Systems Assurance Task Force
- "Linking Threats, Vulnerabilities and Risks to Architecture (TVRDA)," led by panelists from MITRE, PTC, KDM Analytics and General Dynamics Mission Systems
For more information and to register, visit the Cybersecurity Workshop webpage here.
Registration for the workshop is $149 USD. For groups of more than five people, the registration fee is $99 USD. Complimentary passes are available to qualified media and analysts using the code TCCHP16.
OMG Social Media Channels
Follow the Twitter hashtag #OMGCoronado to join the conversation. To learn about becoming an OMG member, click on https://www.omg.org or visit us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter or connect with us on LinkedIn.
The Object Management Group® (OMG®) is an international, open membership, not-for-profit technology standards consortium. OMG Task Forces develop enterprise integration standards for a wide range of technologies and an even wider range of industries. OMG's modeling standards enable powerful visual design, execution and maintenance of software and other processes. Visit www.omg.org for more information.
Note to editors: For a listing of all OMG trademarks, visit https://www.omg.org/legal/tm_list.htm. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.