Object Management Group
Object Management Group Announces Complimentary IIoT Standards at Work in Oil and Gas Event on September 27
BP America, Energistics, PTC, Real-Time Innovations and IIC to speak
Needham, MA – August 30, 2017 – The Object Management Group® (OMG®), an international, open membership, not-for-profit technology standards consortium, today announced it will host the OMG Standards at Work in the IIoT: Focus on Oil and Gas special event at the Hyatt Regency New Orleans Hotel on September 27, from 2:00 pm - 6:00 pm. Registration is complimentary and open to the public.
“The Oil & Gas industry is ripe for the application of Industrial Internet of Things approaches and systems. Higher degrees of automation and analytics will be required to lower operating costs, improve equipment utilization, enhance oil recovery and improve safety,” says Claude Baudoin, co-chair of the OMG Business Modeling & Integration Domain Task Force, and Owner and Principal Consultant at cébé IT and Knowledge Management.
OMG Chairman and CEO, Dr. Richard Soley, and Technical Director, Larry L. Johnson, will frame the afternoon with presentations explaining how OMG IIoT standards provide a foundation for IIoT deployments around the globe. Additional speakers from BP America, Energistics, PTC, Real-Time Innovations and the Industrial Internet Consortium® will address:
- Upstream Oil & Gas and the Industrial Internet keynote by David R. Feineman, BP America, Inc. who will discuss how IIoT is the cornerstone of the company’s organizational imperative to create the Connected Upstream.
- The Oil and Gas Digital Engineering Journey presentation, illustrating how OMG systems engineering standards can capture and leverage information about a product’s performance.
- Industrial IoT Evolution, Use Cases and Framework in the Oil & Gas Industry talk, discussing frameworks and use cases that meet current and future requirements for mission-critical, data-driven oil and gas applications.
- Industrial Internet Connectivity Framework, Data-Distribution Service™ and the Impact on Oil and Gas applications session, describing the Industrial Internet Connectivity Framework and its role in Oil and Gas applications.
- Disruptive Technologies, Adoption Trends and Future Challenges in the Oil and Gas Industry panel discussion, featuring the event’s speakers exploring how IIoT can optimize the use of oil and gas assets, lower costs, and exploit collected data in order to make better decisions.
To view the full agenda and register, click HERE. Media can register for a complimentary press pass using the code TCLAP17.
The special event is co-located with the Object Management Group Technical Meeting (TC), scheduled from September 25-29, 2017. View the full TC meeting agenda and register.
OMG Social Media Channels
Follow the Twitter hashtag #OMGTCNOLA to join the conversation. To learn about becoming an OMG member, click on https://www.omg.org or visit us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter or connect with us on LinkedIn.
The Object Management Group® (OMG®) is an international, open membership, not-for-profit technology standards consortium with representation from government, industry and academia. OMG Task Forces develop enterprise integration standards for a wide range of technologies and an even wider range of industries. OMG's modeling standards enable powerful visual design, execution and maintenance of software and other processes. Visit www.omg.org for more information.
Note to editors: For a listing of all OMG trademarks, visit https://www.omg.org/legal/tm_list.htm. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.