Object Management Group
Object Management Group Announces Special Events Agenda for Q3 Members Meeting in Ontario, Canada from September 24-28
Focus on business architecture, cybersecurity and government IT standards
Needham, MA - August 6, 2018 - The Object Management Group® (OMG®), an international, open membership, not-for-profit technology standards consortium, today announced its Special Events program will be held during the OMG Technical Committee (TC) meeting from September 24-28, 2018 at the Delta Hotels by Marriott Ottawa City Centre in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. Registration for the Special Events agenda is open to the public. Media can register for a complimentary press pass using the code TCOTP18.
The Special Events agenda features standards developed by OMG members. Experts in business architecture, cybersecurity and government IT will discuss how to:
- apply business architecture to a cross-section of industries and expand the discipline’s knowledgebase
- leverage Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) with architecture modeling to enable the modernization of complex systems
- deploy OMG cybersecurity standards and related-tools to safeguard personal information and secure critical physical infrastructure
- apply OMG government standards to common IT challenges as defined by Canadian federal, provincial and municipal authorities
OMG Chairman and CEO Dr. Soley said, “We have a wonderful Special Events program lined up that the public is invited to attend. I’ll be joined by OMG members who are experts in crafting standards that directly impact horizontal initiatives like cybersecurity as well as vertical domains. Our Special Events always deliver key takeaways and insights that attendees can use to sustain their businesses’ competitive edge.”
- Business Architecture 2-day Summit and 1-day Workshop: This two-day event will feature a cross-section of business practitioners and experts who will present how business architecture applies to an ever-growing number of business domains and numerous strategic initiatives. The Business Architecture Government Reference Model Workshop is a post-Summit optional event, focusing on advancing the business architecture reference model for government. Registration for the two-day Summit is $495 USD. The registration fee for all three days, including the Workshop, is $595 USD. In addition, a half-day Business Architecture Primer is complimentary for the first 50 registrants.
- MBSE-Inspired Actionable Enterprise Architectures Summit: Thought leaders from government, system integrators, the OMG Unified Architecture Framework® (UAF®) development team, and practitioners will discuss the challenges, strategies, and current and emerging practices that apply to leveraging MBSE with architecture modeling to modernize complex systems. Companion tutorials in the afternoon will introduce UAF® v1.0. Both events are complimentary.
- OMG Meet & Greet: Cyber Security Standards: OMG Task Force chairs from the System Assurance Task Force and the Consultation, Command, Control, Communications, and Intelligence Task Force will report on their standard efforts to: create common frameworks for analysis and exchange of information, improve the use of automated and computer-assisted cyber security tools and establish a family of specifications for responsible information sharing and safeguarding. This event is complimentary.
- OMG Standards for the Federal & Provincial Governments of Canada: Over the course of two days, OMG members will provide information sessions and tutorials on OMG standards that align with government objectives and priorities outlined in Canada’s Information Technology Strategic Plan 2016 – 2020 and the FWD50 and Open First initiatives. The event is complimentary with options to add lunch for $49 USD per day and an additional $20 USD to attend the Wednesday evening reception.
All Special Events (including complimentary) require advance registration. Registration for the full OMG TC Meeting week is for members only and includes all Special Event daily fees. Non-members may attend any of the Special Events. A limited number of non-members may also attend the full OMG TC Meeting week.
OMG Social Media Channels
Follow the Twitter hashtag #OMGTCOttawa to join the conversation. To learn about becoming an OMG member, click on https://www.omg.org or visit us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter or connect with us on LinkedIn.
The Object Management Group® (OMG®) is an international, open membership, not-for-profit technology standards consortium with representation from government, industry and academia. OMG Task Forces develop enterprise integration standards for a wide range of technologies and an even wider range of industries. OMG's modeling standards enable powerful visual design, execution and maintenance of software and other processes. Visit www.omg.org for more information.
Note to editors: Object Management Group and OMG are registered trademarks of the Object Management Group. For a listing of all OMG trademarks, visit https://www.omg.org/legal/tm_list.htm. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.