Object Management Group
Object Management Group Hosts Special Events in Reston, Virginia from March 18-22
Industry experts share insights and future direction of standards in BPM, business architecture, CubeSat, healthcare, IIoT, middleware, systems modeling
RESTON, VA — February 19, 2019 — The Object Management Group® (OMG®), an international, open membership, not-for-profit technology standards consortium, today announced the agenda for its Special Events program, which will be held during the OMG Technical Committee (TC) meeting from March 18-22, 2019 at the Hyatt Regency Reston hotel in Reston, Virginia. Registration for the Special Events program is open to the public. Media can register for a complimentary press pass using the code TCVAP19.
OMG Chairman and CEO Dr. Richard Soley said, “The Special Events agenda is packed with carefully curated topics that move standards forward in business process modeling, space, healthcare, business architecture, modeling, middleware, and IIoT. We invite the public to network with our members and industry experts so that they can learn how standards can bring innovative solutions to the marketplace. Attendees will have the additional benefit of learning about OMG partner solutions, notably from sponsors No Magic, RTI and Sparx Systems.”
The Special Events program for the week includes:
- Business Process Management for Healthcare (BPM+) Workshop will highlight early adoption work from the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, the Mayo Clinic, and the Veterans Health Administration that will explore new approaches to documenting clinical best practices, care pathways, and workflows using formal notations and commercial tooling.
- The 7th Annual Business Architecture Innovation Summit will feature business practitioners and experts from a cross-section of industries who will share how business architecture is delivering real value in financial services, insurance, healthcare, manufacturing, transportation, software, and government.
- Business Architecture Government Reference Model Workshop is a 1-day, post-Summit option that allows practitioners to engage in hands-on working sessions that contribute to the practice, build attendee skills and strengthen the business architecture community.
- DDS in the Real World: DDS Foundation Launch marks the launch of the DDS Foundation, a community of technology companies, end users, developers and IIoT industry influencers, with the goal of advancing awareness of the OMG Data-Distribution Service™ standard in high performance, highly-scalable Industrial Internet of Things (IoT) and large-scale Consumer IoT applications. The program will also feature customers and case studies, highlighting the role of the standard in robotics, IIoT and defense.
- 6th MBSE-inspired Enterprise Architectures Summit is a half-day meeting where thought leaders from government, system integrators, the OMG Unified Architecture Framework® development team, and practitioners will explore how to leverage Model-Based Systems Engineering with architecture modeling in an integrated and disciplined approach.
- Space Specs: The CubeSat Revolution event will showcase speakers from NASA, NOAA, Boeing, Amazon Web Services, among others, whowill examine the role of standards in designing, developing and exploiting satellite systems for the space-based enterprise.
- OMG MEET & GREET: SysML is an opportunity for systems modeling practitioners and other interested parties to network with experts who implement the OMG Systems Modeling Language™ (SysML®) standard, and learn about their near- and longer-term focus to advance the practice of systems modeling. OMG currently has an open call for submissions to create the next version of SysML, version 2.0.
Each Special Event requires advance registration. Registration for the full OMG Technical Committee Meeting week includes all Special Event daily fees.
OMG Social Media Channels
Follow the Twitter hashtag #OMGTCReston19 to join the conversation. To learn about becoming an OMG member, click on www.omg.org or visit us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter or connect with us on LinkedIn.
The Object Management Group® (OMG®) is an international, open membership, not-for-profit technology standards consortium with representation from government, industry and academia. OMG Task Forces develop enterprise integration standards for a wide range of technologies and an even wider range of industries. OMG's modeling standards enable powerful visual design, execution and maintenance of software and other processes. Visit www.omg.org for more information.
Note to editors: Object Management Group and OMG are registered trademarks of the Object Management Group. For a listing of all OMG trademarks, visit https://www.omg.org/legal/tm_list.htm. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.