Business Modeling & Integration DTF
The Business Modeling & Integration DTF mission is to develop specifications of integrated models to support management of an enterprise.
These specifications will promote inter- and intra-enterprise integration and collaboration of people, systems, processes, and information across the enterprise, including business partners and customers.
Main areas of interest for the task force are:
- Business planning and motivation modeling
- Business Process Management,
- Business rules
- Business modeling,
- Business language and vocabulary
In support of:
- Business governance
- Business performance monitoring and measurement
- Business Information Management,
- Business Integration,
- Business to Business collaboration,
- Business to Customer collaboration
- Business service agreements
- Business security policy and management.
To achieve its mission, the task force will prepare requests for proposals, evaluate responses and recommend proposals for adoption as OMG specifications. It will facilitate and promote:
- Use of MDA (Model Driven Architecture) in specifying specialized meta models, and platform independent integration specifications;
- Collaboration with other OMG subgroups to identify opportunities for business models;
- Collaboration with the BPMI Steering Committee for industry insight and strategic direction;
- Collaboration with other industry groups to identify opportunities for Business models;
- Simplicity in specifying, using and deploying business models for business owners, planners, managers, analysts and application developers;
- Interoperability between independently developed components that support business modeling and integration.
The task force is focused on business semantics and recognizes that it needs to coordinate with other task forces and standards bodies focused on execution in information systems.
If you are interested in getting involved with this group, want more information or would like to come as a guest to an upcoming meeting and obtain temporary access to the mailing list, please contact one of our Account Representative or contact one of the Chairs.