CONSULTATION, COMMAND, CONTROL, COMMUNICATIONS, AND INTELLIGENCE
The C4I DTF is a Domain Task Force of the Object Management Group (OMG) that operates under the Domain Technical Committee and is focused on systems that support crisis response, Search and Rescue (SAR), and military operations. Such systems are commonly known as C4I (Consultation, Command, Control, Communications, and Intelligence) systems and are here taken to include surveillance, reconnaissance, command and control.
Together with sustainment disciplines (such as logistics, weather, traffic control [ground, air, subsurface], etc.) the C4I Task force looks at Architecture of sensors through Systems and Systems-of-Systems Integration with a view of both reducing costs/time along with increasing quality and providing the information necessary to manage the total process. The task force looks at Open Architecture based on Modeling and the design of processes and tool requirements that enable the community to succeed on schedule and with high quality, security and safety.
The C4I DTF mission is to:
- Communicate the requirements of the C4I domain communities to the OMG and its various subgroups.
- Foster use of OMG adopted technologies in the C4I domain communities.
- Improve the ability of members of the C4I domain communities to exchange essential relevant information and services and work cooperatively in coalition operations.
- Utilize the OMG technology adoption process to standardize software interfaces for interoperability among members of the C4I domain communities.
- Augment and extend current OMG standards to accommodate C4I domain interoperability.
- Encourage vendors of products incorporating OMG adopted technology to support features relevant to interoperability in the C4I domain.
The C4I DTF goals are to:
- Educate both system developers and the C4I domain user community in the best use of OMG adopted technologies.
- Issue RFIs and use other techniques to gather requirements for interoperability among members of the C4I domain.
- Issue RFPs, in partnership with other Task Forces when possible, based on the requirements expressed by the C4I community with the intent of identifying interface specifications for adoption by the OMG.
- Evaluate RFP responses and RFC submissions for recommendation for adoption by the Domain Technical Committee.
- Work through other OMG sub-organizations to seek changes or extensions to OMG adopted technology to support the C4I domain, where appropriate.
- Involve vendors of OMG adopted technologies in supporting the C4I domain.
- Promote use of OMG adopted technologies by vendors and integrators in the C4I domain.
If you are interested in getting involved with this group, want more information or would like to come as a guest to an upcoming meeting and obtain temporary access to the mailing list, please contact one of our Account Representative or contact one of the Chairs.