To enable development of ontology-related technology by:
- bringing together the expertise in the semantics of software with the expertise for knowledge representation, consistency checking, and knowledge-processing, in order to leverage each other’s technologies
- reaching out to domain-oriented groups at the OMG, and advise them how to adopt appropriate ontology technologies as a means to maximize the reuse, improve the rigor, and eliminate the inconsistencies of their contributions
- capturing OMG's existing domain knowledge to maximize reuse of experience gained from developing domain-oriented APIs
- developing working relationships among OMG activities and related activities, such as the semantic web and agent communities
- gathering together prior work and developing white papers, languages, and mappings (profiles and MOF metamodels)
If you are interested in getting involved with this group, want more information or would like to come as a guest to an upcoming meeting and obtain temporary access to the mailing list, please contact one of our Account Representative or contact one of the Chairs.