Government Information Sharing and Services
- To serve as a Community of Interest in the application of Model Driven Architecture and other OMG specifications to governmental organizations in civilian, defense, and intelligence sectors.
- Recommend technology specifications based on OMG's Model Driven Architecture (MDA) that enable interoperability, reusability and modularity in government systems.
- To provide advice, consultation, and support to the OMG in the development of specifications applicable to government systems in particular.
- To form and coordinate government specific working groups within the Task Force tailored to address the particular needs of specific governmental sectors at the international, national, regional, or local levels.
- Liaise with external Standards and Governmental Organizations
The Government Domain Task Force was chartered in the OMG's Domain Technology Committee Plenary, 17 February 2006 during the Technical Committee meetings in Tampa FL.
Concept of Operation:
- Empower and provide a forum for the government user community to specify requirements, guide acquisition, and ensure fulfillment of those requirements in the OMG
- Apply MDA and other OMG Specifications to Support:
- Interoperability, affordability, reusability, agility, and security
- SOA and net-centric computing
- Enterprise Architecture and Solution Development Lifecycle processes
- Legacy Modernization
- See the GovDTF's whitepaper: "OMG Value Proposition for Government Organizations"
If you are interested in getting involved with this group, want more information or would like to come as a guest to an upcoming meeting and obtain temporary access to the mailing list, please contact one of our Account Representative or contact one of the Chairs.