Our Modular Open Systems Approach Enabling Environment Working Group (MOSA WG) operates under our C4I Defense and Military Domain Task Force and is primarily focused on supporting the establishment of a MOSA enabling environment, an enterprise-wide platform with OMG standards-based repositories and capabilities (infrastructure) to support the United States Department of Defense (DoD), its military services (Army, Air Force, Navy, Marines, and Space Force), and its applicability to other federal agencies and international military coalition partners. Our Enabling Environment will support the other MOSA pillars (modular design, key interfaces, open standards, and certifying conformance), MBSE, tooling and future MOSA enabling requirements. The Enabling Environment will also support standards based MBSE and use module definitions of defense systems through well-defined physical and cyber interfaces to further DoD modular acquisition goals
- Assist DoD and coalition partners in developing an enterprise platform with a repository providing solutions that differentiate MBSE modeling tools capabilities better served by a MOSA enabling environment at an enterprise level to improve interoperability
- Examine and communicate the requirements of a MOSA-enabling environment to OMG, its various subgroups, and DoD
- Explore AI opportunities, augment, and provide increased efficiencies of OMG standards to support and integrate with enterprise platforms
- Encourage vendors of products incorporating OMG-adopted technology to support features and capabilities relevant to DoD technical and business interoperability within the military services and enterprise
- Foster use of OMG adopted standards including, but not limited to:
If you're an OMG member, have a member account, and want to get involved, you can Subscribe to The MOSA WG mailing list to receive frequent group email updates and/or contact [email protected]. If you don't know if your organization is already a member, check the OMG Member List, Request An Account, and follow the prior steps, if your organization is a member, to get engaged. If not a member and interested in getting involved please visit our Membership Overview Webpage and/or contact [email protected].