Cloud Customer Architecture for Blockchain
Blockchain technology has the potential to have a major impact on how institutions process transactions and conduct business.
Blockchain technology provides a secure transaction ledger database through a decentralized network. It has the potential to reduce operational costs and friction, create transaction records that are secure and immutable, enable transparent ledgers with nearly instant updates, and open up new opportunities for growth.
This whitepaper introduces basic blockchain concepts that define a standard reference architecture that can be used in creating blockchain applications.
Sections of the paper include:
- Blockchain fundamentals
- Key characteristics of a blockchain network
- Blockchain reference architecture capabilities
- An example supply chain scenario using the Hyperledger Fabric blockchain implementation
- Cloud deployment considerations
- Specific examples of blockchain applications
This paper was published by the Cloud Standards Customer Council, a program launched by the OMG in 2011 to advance the adoption of cloud computing. This work is now under the purview of the OMG Cloud Working Group. Copyright is owned by OMG. Visit www.omg.org/cloud to learn more.