Person Identification Service
This specification defines the interfaces of a CORBA Person Identification Service (PIDS) that organizes person ID management functionality to meet healthcare needs. The PIDS is designed to:
- Support both the assignment of IDs within a particular ID Domain and the correlation of IDs among multiple ID Domain.
- Support searching and matching of people in both attended-interactive and messagedriven-unattended modes, independent of matching algorithm.
- Support federation of PIDS services in a topology-independent fashion.
- Permit PIDS implementations to protect person confidentiality under the broadest variety of confidentiality policies and security mechanisms.
- Enable plug-and-play PIDS interoperbility by means of a 'core' set of profile elements, yet still support site-specific and implementation-specific extensions and customization of profile elements.
- Define the appropriate meaningful compliance levels for several degrees of sophistication, ranging from small, query-only single ID Domains to large federated correlating ID Domains.
Table Of Contents
- About the Specification
- Companies that have contributed to the development of this Specification
- Issues associated with this specification
- Specification Documents
Companies that have contributed to the development of this Specification
- Copyright © 1997-1998 2AB
Copyright © 1997-1998
Care Data Systemsnow ( Level Seven Visualizations )
- Copyright © 1997-1998 CareFlow/Net
- Copyright © 1997-1998 HBO & Company
- Copyright © 1997-1998 Health Magic
- Copyright © 1997-1998 Hublink
- Copyright © 1997-1998 IDX Systems Corporation
- Copyright © 1997-1998 IONA Technologies Inc.
- Copyright © 1997-1998 Oacis Healthcare Systems
- Copyright © 1997-1998 Protocol Systems
- Copyright © 1997-1998 Sholink
Issues associated with this specification
|Description||Format||URL||OMG File ID|