UML Profile for System on a Chip
This specification defines a UML 2 profile for SoC (System on a Chip) design. The advantages of using this profile are listed below.
- This profile adds the SoC description capability to UML. This profile provides the following representation capabilities:
- Hierarchical representation of modules and channels, which are the fundamental elements of SoC.
- Roles of modules.
- Information transferred between modules using only one type of diagram.
- Most diagrams used for SoC are internal structure diagrams extended by the profile.
- Without the profile they had to be represented by description of class constructor function using sequence diagrams. This representation method lacks capability enough to explicitly show a module's role, which is fundamental information to analyze SoC.
Table Of Contents
- About the Specification
- Companies that have contributed to the development of this Specification
- Issues associated with this specification
- Specification Documents
Companies that have contributed to the development of this Specification
- Copyright © 2004 CATS
- Copyright © 2004 Canon Inc.
- Copyright © 2004 Fujitsu
- Copyright © 2004 International Business Machines Corporation
- Copyright © 2004 Metabolics
- Copyright © 2004 NEC Corporation
- Copyright © 2006 Object Management Group
- Copyright © 2004 RICOH
- Copyright © 2004 Toshiba Corporation
Issues associated with this specification
|Description||Format||URL||OMG File ID|
Normative Machine Readable Documents